Fleas on the dog are not only gross and creepy. They can also make your fur baby sick. Fleas are also known to spread different diseases that can result in numerous health concerns.
Fleas thrive on dogs and cats because of the warmth of their coat, and they feed on your pet’s blood. Unfortunately, as fleas suck the blood from the victim, they release saliva, which is an allergen found to cause skin inflammation and severe itching.
Fleas on dogs are challenging to eliminate
If these are not enough, fleas can also spread fast, making them challenging to eliminate, especially when you don’t treat them immediately. This is why your pets need regular flea treatments using shampoos and medications especially made to get rid of these pests.
You also need to clean around the house properly because these tiny insects are known to endure harsh conditions and survive for months, even without eating. Aside from cleaning your pet’s bedding, you must also check your carpets and yard for proper and intensive flea treatment.
Signs of Flea Infestations
Fleas are pesky pests that can cause several serious health concerns. Flea allergy dermatitis, for instance, can trigger an immune response in dogs. Anemia, bartonellosis, and tapeworms are also common concerns. The most common signs of flea infestations include:
- Abnormal red skin patches
- Ear infections
- Excessive itching, scratching, licking, and biting
- Flea dirt on your dog’s bedding
- Hair loss
- Skin infections
- Skin sores
- Bacterial and yeast infections
Bites from fleas can cause anemia, with the insects sucking out your pet’s blood.
- It can be precarious once the platelet count of your pet falls lower than a particular range.
- Your pet’s life will be at risk if you don’t treat this condition immediately.
Bartonellosis is a condition caused by Bartonella bacteria. Aside from fleas, lice, ticks, and sandflies can also transmit this particular bacterium. This condition can attack different body parts of your dog, including the skeletal, digestive, neurological, and cardiovascular systems.
Similar Posts From The Same Category:
- What are the four basic sculpture techniques?
- The winter season can be tough on homes
- Expert AC Repair Services and in Monroe, Michigan
- Leading Trenton Michigan AC repair company
- Chimney repair Downriver Michigan